Slade Area Residents’ Association Parking Survey
We have received a number of complaints about difficulty parking in the past year. While we can’t promise any changes it would help to know your thoughts – so if you could spare a few moments to complete this questionnaire, we would be very grateful.
Welcome to the Slade Area Residents’ Association (SARA)
Said to be the largest residents’ association in Kent, SARA currently represents 61% per cent of the 400 households in the Slade area, including the newer homes in the Market Quarter. Membership is some 68 per cent in the older part of the Slade, a highly individual area of Victorian housing which was included in the Tonbridge Conservation Area in 1995. Its idiosyncratic network of narrow streets gives the Slade its distinctive identity and sense of being a village within the town. Local and school playing fields almost surround the area. Bounded on the other side by the town’s historic Upper High Street and in sight of Tonbridge’s mediaeval castle and the imposing buildings of the town’s famous public school, the Slade is rightly regarded as a special place by its residents. SARA’s objective is to protect the amenities of the area and promote the interests of its occupants. [toggle title=”About the committee (click to show)”]
- Day-to-day activities are handled by the SARA committee, elected at the Annual General Meeting which is held at Tonbridge Castle in April. The event doubles as a social evening for residents to meet each other and exchange ideas.
- Committee meetings are held every six weeks and are open to all members to attend and contribute to the discussions.
- Members are kept informed through a quarterly Newsletter and the centrally sited noticeboard (in Bracketts’ car-park in Stafford Road next to the primary school).
- Each year the association organizes two regular events:
- the Halloween house-decorating competition which attracts increasing visitors from outside the area
- Slade in Bloom, where the area’s many attractive gardens are recognised.
Share your news and events online
SARA are also on Facebook. You can find us here
Did you know that in addition to the two noticeboards around the slade (near the Primary School and on Annison Street) you can also advertise events, items for sale, wanted, services, news & stories via the website, noticeboards or Facebook. Simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.