Christ Church opens in Landsdowne Road on 30th April

The Rev. William Scorer Seymour, curate-in-charge at Tonbridge Parish Church is so popular with his flock that, when his term of office ends, they build him a corrugated iron church. ¬†Known locally as the ‘tin tabernacle’, it is enlarged in 1875, and improved with a brick and stone frontage.

In later years, the building is used as Trustcott’s first printing works, then becomes a Working Men’s Club and is now Tonbridge School;s workshops.