The Electricity Works is built in The Slade and the first electricity is provided on 29th November 1902. It’s steam generators are powered by coal, transported by river.
Currently browsing tag
After the death of Emma, Lady Stafford, the Urban District Council are given the opportunity to purchase the Castle. Alterations are made and council staff take over their new offices in February 1900. The formal opening ceremony takes place on 23rd May 1900.