Erected in 1901, at a cost of £1,800, it houses two steam and two manual engines, two fire escapes and two hose carts. The architect and Chief Fire Officer is the town surveyor; William Lawrence Bradley. He also designs the Watergate at the High Street entrance to the Castle Grounds.
Currently browsing tag
The Electricity Works is built in The Slade and the first electricity is provided on 29th November 1902. It’s steam generators are powered by coal, transported by river.